Friday, October 11, 2013

Exclusive Interview with Tae Harlem - Im Back !

Before he relocated, this artist started a whirlwind of trouble! An artist well known for telling it exactly how it was, or how he felt things were. Tae Harlem made a name for himself by continuously dropping hot track after track but kept the heat blazin when name dropping on other artists in the city during freestyles. Since then Harlem has returned to the city and has seemingly made an effort to tone it down a little. To read more about what Tae is working on and recap on some of the nitty gritty from his past, Check out the exclusive interview he did while sitting down with us at CatchingTheBee !

Q:  How Does it feel to be back in YOUR city?
A: It feels great!! I’m enjoying working with a lot of local artist. I wasn’t able to do that before because I was into it with just about everybody lol  I have some dope features from local artists like Young Shank, Ray Jr, Arod, Shuicide Holla and Tezzo Tezzo. It feels good to be collabing with new people.

Q: Tell me about the project you are currently working on?
A: My solo project Gxld Cxka hosted by Dj Ace and Dj Logikal will be released on 11/21/13. I’m also working on a group project with my brother Bam Bandz called Cxka Gang which will drop early 2014. Also my single Lil nigga don’t trip ft. Young Shank will be out 10/10/13, so be on the lookout for all of that!

Q:  What can we all expect from your new projects?
A: The whole Gxld Cxka thing is something that’s different for Cleveland. This is for people who love REAL hip hop. It’s just a new style; I even played with my voice and the auto tune a little bit lol I feel like people are really gonna like it. Cxka Gang will basically just consist of Club music, the bangers!

Q: People often look at you as a problem starter bc of your diss tracks, what would you want to tell people on the outside about your motives?
A: I never have a motive lol honestly I don’t feel like I ever provoke the beef but I do finish it. It’s all about giving people wants. The city wants to hear my response to certain things so I speak on it! That’s what people want.

Q: The most recent encounters were the diss tracks dropped against SnoopySymone, CircleSide and Dj StephFloss, would you have anything to say to any of the individuals involved if they were tuned in to the interview right now?
A: I do not have any issue with any of them. The beef is completely squashed! As far as StephFoss I just feel like his opinion is biased and I wish it wasn’t. He has the power to break barriers and I don’t feel like he uses that power to put out some of the talent that is being overlooked. He’s a dope dj though I even follow him on twitter now lol. I have no problem with CircleSide or SnoopySymone at the end of the day diss tracks are a part of hip hop it’s all about competition.

Q: What mainstream artist do you think dropped an ill diss track?
A: I would have to say Nas when he dropped Ether. I listen to it back and forth it motivates me. You have to research these people, dig up dirt on these people for a diss to be interesting.

Q:What message do you want to give to your fans?
A: IM BACK!! It’s my turn, I did a lot of bullshit but I’m back and I’m ready to put on for my city. It’s no stopping me now IM BACK

Q: What do we have to look forward to from Tae Harlem?
A: More collabs! I have some industry collabs I’m working on but I won’t speak on that too much. I have an interview with Joey Millz of Source magazine in November so keep an eye out for that.

Q: Do you have any Shoutouts you want to give?

A: I gotta thank Ray Jr. and all of Legit Paper, My management Lano and TO. Also big shoutout to BigHeff he has been looking out for me. All the artists in the city, the blogs, my supporters because without my fans none of this would be possible and Shoutout to CatchingTheBee of course!