Friday, October 4, 2013

Exclusive Interview - #LockedBehindGBars


In 2009 after mastering the creativity of poetry a young G’bars realized he could turn his passion for poetry into something more than just a hobby. It was his goal to take poetry and combine it with a harmonic beat to create something unimaginable. Desperately working to invent the perfect recipe for his new found craft, this poet found himself transforming into an experimental lyricist. G’bars went on to release his first solo project titled Audio Addiction followed by Penitentiary in 2010, which received great reviews and created the foundation for the new artist. After taking a 2 year break from releasing music G’Bars is BACK with a message for all those who doubted him and his fans who remained loyal.

Q : Tell me about your most recent project Nu Composition !
A : Nu Comp dropped 06/15/13 available on datpiff.com as well as Gbarsmusic.com ! The feedback I’m getting has been crazy. It’s a good feeling to receive recognition from different places; I got a response from someone in South Africa. I’m actually in New York working right now! It’s humbling but I still have work to do.



Q : Who are some of the artists you get inspiration from ?
A : I listen to a lot of different music, I like Nas, J. Cole, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Curren$y and Common. I try to switch it up because I want to have my own sound. If all I listened to was A$AP Rocky then I would sound like Rocky and that’s not what Im looking to do.

Q : Are there any local Cleveland Artists that you look forward to working with?
A : I have been working closely with Prodigal of CreezMob and we have a few projects in mind. Mizzy2Low, Dope Kulture, Purple Monkey Sircus, R the Czar are all grindin hard and making good music I look forward to working with them more. I really would love to create with Lorine shes very unique and her sound is so rich.

Q : What made you want to start your own label?
A : I started Nu Black Panther Records in 2012 and I always knew ultimately I wanted to be the head of my own label. So I decided to build my own brand from scratch, I plan to create music under this label that has a message. We want to touch souls and inspire people ! Right now Mizzy2Low is another recording artist under NBPR who just dropped a project Party N Bullshit, I’m looking to add a singer to the team but we are open to hear anyone out who has their own sound.

Q : Are you already working on your next project ?
A : I am actually dropping two more projects this year ! After taking a 2 year break from releasing music I feel like people questioned my work ethic so I plan to continue to working, I’m just going to consistently drop music. Hoop Dreams is a collaboration with Proda which drops 10/25/13, its real hip hoppy ! Im releasing Heart & Soul 12/24/13 which will have 10-12 tracks, this project Is very heart and soulful lol. My projects are nowhere near rushed because I’m a perfectionist, Im a virgo that’s what we do!! Just listen and you be the judge

Q : What else can we expect from you in the near future?
A :  Look forward to more appearances, shows, open mics. I’m gonna keep droppin music and branding. Also NBPR is putting together a compilation project of artist from all over Cleveland, which will be called Nu Cleveland so be on the lookout for that.

Q : Do you want to give any shoutouts?
A : Well of course S/o to CatchingTheBee.com, my manger Scott and God because without him I wouldn’t be doing any of this !

Follow G’bars and stay updated on his music:
Soundcloud.com/Gbarsmusic1
Twitter: 216xGbars
Email Gbarsmusic@live.com